Finasteride Propecia can cause prostate cancer
If you then notice that you are one of those men who show the described side effects, then of course you stop finasteride. However, there is now a risk that erectile dysfunction will persist for many months, if not years, or even permanently, despite stopping the drug.
It is therefore incorrect what was once suspected and reassuringly said to the patient, namely that the sexual disorders caused by finasteride only occur in the first six months of use and then - despite continued use of the drug - would disappear again.
Every fourth finasteride user is affected by a loss of libido or erectile dysfunction
The loss of libido affects 10 percent of patients when taking finasteride. Erectile dysfunction, on the other hand, occurs in 18 percent of finasteride users. That means 28 percent, i.e. every fourth patient who takes finasteride, is affected by these serious side effects.
As early as 2015, Professor Traish stated that the previous assumption that finasteride & Co. could be used to prevent prostate cancer is very unlikely to be true either. On the other hand, Traish and colleagues identified possible additional risks of the drug. Similar to dutasteride, it is said to promote the development of insulin resistance, as well as type 2 diabetes, vascular diseases and osteoporosis. Even psychological consequences are suspected, as there are various case series in which finasteride patients suddenly showed depression and anxiety.
Alpha blockers cause dizziness and hypotension
Alpha blockers such as Fortunately, at the current level of knowledge, B. tamsulosin show fewer side effects. As far as sexual functions are concerned, some patients experience what is known as retrograde ejaculations. The sperm then travels backwards into the bladder and does not exit the penis.
In up to 10 percent of patients, dizziness including fainting spells can occur because alpha blockers also function as blood pressure lowerers. This additional function can be beneficial for people who suffer from high blood pressure anyway. In people whose blood pressure was normal, however, the blood pressure may now be too low (hypotension), which is expressed in the above-mentioned attacks of dizziness. Digestive problems can also occur, but these are rare.
Natural remedies for benign prostate enlargement
Since benign prostate enlargement is a real domain of naturopathy, holistic therapy is often worthwhile.
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
- Traish AM, Haider KS, Doros G, Haider A. Long-term dutasteride therapy in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia alters glucose and lipid profiles and increases severity of erectile dysfunction.Hormone Molecular Biology and Clinical Investigation, 2017, (Long-term dutasteride therapy in men with BPH changes glucose and blood lipid levels and increases erectile dysfunction)
- Boston University Medical Center. "Popular prostate drug linked to serious side effects." ScienceDaily, June 22, 2017, (Known prostate drugs have been linked to serious side effects)
- Traish AM et al., Adverse effects of 5? -Reductase inhibitors: What do we know, dont know, and need to know? Reviews in Endocrine and Metabolic Disorders, 2015, (Side Effects of 5-Alpha Reductase Inhibitors: What We Know, What We Don't Know, What Still Need to Know)
- Boston University Medical Center. "Adverse effects of common prostate enlargement and hair growth drugs." ScienceDaily, August 25, 2015, (Side Effects of Common Drugs Used in BPH and Hair Loss)
- Traish AM et al., Finasteride, not tamsulosin, increases severity of erectile dysfunction and decreases testosterone levels in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia. Hormone Molecular Biology and Clinical Investigation, 2015, (Finasteride, but not tamsulosin, increases erectile dysfunction and lowers testosterone levels in men with BPH)
- Boston University Medical Center. "Erectile dysfunction worked, testosterone levels decreased by some treatments of prostate enlargement." ScienceDaily, June 12, 2015, (Erectile dysfunction is getting worse, testosterone levels drop with some prostate enlargement therapies)
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind that arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- How does life test wisdom
- What's wrong 9
- What do you think of bubble tea
- Smoking 1 cigarette a day is good
- Gives peace of mind to money
- What are the main motives for murder
- What potion would you take
- Which industries create millionaires
- What are the richest cities in Pakistan
- Are INFJ narcissistic people
- Arsenal really needs Wenger
- How will Donald Trump win re-election
- Why did you stop loving your wife
- Why are there podcast networks
- What if I accidentally swallowed glass?
- Why doesn't McDonalds serve healthier food
- What are the best ecommerce blogs
- Is it illegal to buy essays?
- How good is IIM Shillong for finances
- What was God's first message to you
- Where does Jimmy Carter teach Sunday school
- What is Donald Trump's reputation in Congress
- What is the origin of Christianity
- Ukraine loses the war against Russia