What is your favorite vacation destination
Top 10 most popular vacation destinations
We have again the most popular vacation destinations of last year analyzed! 2019 was again a good tourism year for Spain: The southern European country's travel destinations are five times among our top 10. However, all islands of the Balearic and Canary Islands. Because the Spanish mainland did not make it into our list of the ten most popular holiday destinations in 2019.
In the first place we find like in previous years Mallorca, the absolute favorite island of the Germans! But also that Canary Islands are still in great demand. Four of the seven islands made it into our top 10 in 2019. This year, the destinations along the Egyptian coast and around the Red Sea came in second place in our evaluation Hurghada. And in third place for Germans in 2019 Gran Canaria. This makes it the most popular of the Canary Islands with the Germans.
Our top 5 most popular vacation destinations
1. Mallorca, Balearic Islands / Spain (⇒)
The beautiful Balearic island has been in first place in our ranking of the most popular holiday destinations for years. With a short journey of less than three hours by flight and a wide variety of leisure activities, it is once again the most popular travel destination for Opodo customers this year. Incidentally, this was one of the most popular hotels in Mallorca in 2019 Hotel Hipotels Hipocampo in Cala Millor.
You can find one here Hotel overview for Mallorca>
2. Hurghada, Red Sea, Egypt(⇑ from 3 to 2)
It went up one place in 2019 for Egypt's number one holiday region - from third to second place! Apparently the German vacationers feel much safer in the Egyptian vacation regions again. And finally, the quality of the hotels and the many diving spots in the Red Sea speak for themselves. Because they are wonderfully suitable for snorkeling and allow wonderful insights into the colorful world of corals. The hotel Iberotel Makadi Beach was one of the most popular hotels among holidaymakers in this region in 2019.
You can find one here Hotel overview for Hurghada and Egypt>
3. Gran Canaria, Canary Islands / Spain (⇑ from 4 to 3)
The volcanic island is to Tenerife the most populous island in the Canaries and was able to climb back into the top 3 in 2019. It is still the most popular of the Canary Islands with the Germans. One of the most famous landmarks are the Maspalomas dunes on the southern tip of the island. And Opodo customers especially enjoyed staying at the hotel in 2019 Lopesan Costa Meloneras Resort, Corallium Spa & Casino in Maspalomas vacation.
You can find one here Hotel overview for Gran Canaria>
4. Turkish Riviera, Antalya & Co, Turkey (⇓ from 2 to 4)
The holiday region on the Turkish Riviera loses two places in 2019 compared to the previous year and slips from second to fourth place of the most popular holiday destinations. Nevertheless, the Mediterranean coast beckons around the places Antalya, Side and Alanya with their cheap offers there are still many holidaymakers from Germany. The hotel was one of the most popular hotels in 2019 Hotel Barut Lara Resort & Spa in Antalya.
You can find one here Hotel overview for Antalya and Belek>
And here one Hotel overview for Alanya and Side>
5. Fuerteventura, Canary Islands / Spain(⇓ from 4 to 5)
The third Spanish holiday destination in the top 10 also slipped one place down compared to the previous year and ended up in 5th place. Travel tip for Fuerteventura: The lonely, wild beach of Cofete - The waves are too high and the current too strong for swimming, but this beautiful piece of nature is definitely worth a visit!
Among the most popular hotels on the second largest island in the Canaries owned the 4-star hotel in 2019 IBEROSTAR Playa Gaviotas in Jandia Playa.
You can find one here Hotel overview for Fuerteventura>
Places 6-10 of the most popular holiday destinations
6. Crete, Greece(⇒)
The largest island was once again the most popular travel destination in the country for holidaymakers in Greece from Germany. Compared to the previous year, Crete was able to defend its place in our top 10 list. And landed on a good 6th place in 2019 too! The 4 star hotel Anissa Beach & Village in Anissaras is one of the most popular hotels on the Greek island.
You can find one here Hotel overview for Crete>
7. Tenerife, Canary Islands / Spain(⇓ from 5 to 7)
The largest island in the Canaries slipped two places down in our ranking of the most popular travel destinations in 2019. The 5-star hotel was one of Tenerife's most popular hotels in 2019 Gran Tacande Wellness & Relax at the Playa de Fanabe.
You can find one here Hotel overview for Tenerife>
8. Lanzarote, Canary Islands / Spain (⇒)
With Lanzarote, as in 2018, four of the Canary Islands are among the top 10 most popular travel destinations. And so the Canary Islands will again be one of the most popular holiday regions in 2019! The Hotel Las Costas in Puerto del Carmen was one of the most popular hotels on Lanzarote in 2019.
You can find one here Hotel overview for Lanzarote>
9. Rhodes, Greece (⇒)
The fourth largest island in Greece has only been in our top 10 most popular holiday destinations for four years - and can again defend 9th place from last year. The 4 star hotel Apollo Beach in Faliraki was one of the most popular hotels on Rhodes this year.
You can find one here Hotel overview for Rhodes>
10. Faro & the Algarve (⇑ new in the top 10)
Faro and the Algarve entered our top 10 last year. In 2019 they were able to defend tenth place in our ranking of the most popular holiday destinations. One of the most popular hotels in 2019 is the 4-star hotel PortoBay Falesia in Praia da Falésia (Albufeira).
You can find one here Hotel overview for Faro & the Algarve>
Would you like more inspiration? Here you can find 15 beautiful cities in Europe>
Were your favorite travel destinations there? Where did you go on vacation in 2019? And where should we go in 2020? We look forward to your comments 😉
- Will China eventually become the first world nation?
- Arrows are better than weapons
- Is this sentence correct 6
- Business What are the best business ideas
- Which onions taste better raw?
- Is the gig economy a capitalist exploitation
- Is life a question or an answer
- What would happen if there were no math?
- What was the religion of Jesus Christ
- Which country does Sonia Gandhi come from
- Where do relationships fail
- Why do dogs eat feces
- Is Go a hard game to learn
- Why is masturbation not considered a homosexual act?
- What is a pelton turbine
- What is the ice cube diet
- Why do countries have low GDP
- Why do people eat processed foods
- What questions should I ask my employees?
- What are the examples of monopoly
- How is DNA different from chromosomes
- Why do people use Google Blogger
- Should I delete cookies?
- Which tool is best for keyword research?
- Are random numbers really random
- How do I set priorities
- How can you improve your school
- Is public transport a public good?
- What do boys expect from their girlfriends
- Do you hear what I hear 4
- How deep is the deep blue sea
- What is the starting point of philosophy
- What's your worst guilty pleasure
- What is retting in agriculture