Are millimeters equal to cc
Conversion from cubic centimeters to milliliters
The term volume or spatial dimension describes the volume or the extent of a three-dimensional body. Historical units of volume often refer to the measure of capacity used to measure certain liquids or pourable materials such as flour and grain. So there was, for example, the unit of measurement called "Metze". It was originally a vessel for measuring and storing salt. The term "pint", which is used as a measure for liquids in the Anglo-Saxon region, is derived from the word pint for pub. This then became the name for a (beer) glass that could hold a certain amount of liquid. Barrel is the English word for barrel. At the same time, the term serves as a unit of measurement for beer, wine and petroleum. While these units are standardized today in relation to the International System of Units SI, there used to be volume differences between the barrels, depending on the respective content. A measure of space for wood was the fathom, a pile that had certain edge lengths - measured in feet.
The volume units used internationally in science are derived from the metric base units of the SI system. The basis is the precisely defined length dimension meter (m). The meter is described as the distance that light travels in a specific unit of time. The spatial dimension of a cuboid in cubic meters is obtained by multiplying the length, width and height of a body. A cube with an edge length of one meter therefore has the volume of one cubic meter.
The capacity liter (l) is generally used for liquids. Originally that was the amount of water that weighs one kilogram. Considered alone, this definition would be imprecise, because water has a different expansion at different pressure conditions and temperatures. One liter is now equated with one cubic decimeter (1 dm³), which corresponds to 1000 cubic centimeters (1000 cm³) or a cube with an edge length of 10 centimeters (10 cm = 1 dm).
- Why is Yoast SEO better
- Can an average student get into TISS
- Typhoid spreads through sex or kissing
- Hanukkah is an important Jewish holiday
- Singaporeans take religion seriously
- When is Christmas Day
- Everyone is intelligent
- The government pays taxes
- Should you tip your hairdresser
- What is an undocumented worker
- What if the gout is left untreated
- All Vietnamese hate South Vietnamese soldiers
- How can you avoid back pain
- Is it really possible to be stoic?
- Are influenza flu vaccines safe
- How many digits are there in 1000
- What is Plato's theory of the ideal state
- How should an introvert deal with crushes
- Smart TVs replace normal TVs
- Why are the late 20s very depressing
- Would Malaysian Chinese Indians marry Malay
- Is Tallinn racist
- Why is Quora easier than Reddit
- Who pays for cashback