What counts least for the screw gauge
Strengths (standardized in EN-ISO 898-1 EN 20898-2)
The strength of stainless fasteners is given in a combination of letters and numbers. This information is stamped in the screw head or in the nut.
The letter indicates the material group (A = austenitic steel; C = martensitic steel; F = ferritic steel)
The number after the letter is a key to chemical composition
1 = free-cutting steel with added sulfur
2 = cold heading steel alloyed with chrome and nickel
3 = cold heading steel alloyed with chrome and nickel, stabilized with Ti, Nb, Ta
4 = cold heading steel alloyed with chrome, nickel and molybdenum
5 = cold heading steel alloyed with chrome, nickel and molybdenum, stabilized with Ti, Nb, Ta
The numbers after the hyphen indicate the strength class.
Stainless screws are divided into strength classes such as 50, 70 or 80. These numbers give 1/10 of the minimum tensile strength R.m at. 50 means a minimum tensile strength of 500 N / mm2. A test load is specified for nuts of low design, as the thread is too short to take the full load-bearing capacity of the material. The specifications 025, 035 and 040 are common. 035 means a test load of 350 N / mm2.
The following materials, among others, are used for screws:
[N / mm2]
Re / Rp0.2
[N / mm2]
Note: The minimum tensile strength of quenched and tempered steels depends on the diameter - hence two values.
As there are consequently a number of differences in strength, this property should always be taken into account when using screws. If you are only looking for a screw for household use, you often do not necessarily find out about this property and this usually does not have any consequences. The question becomes a little more important when you erect a WPC privacy fence in your private garden that has to withstand wind and weather. However, when it comes to large constructions, the material used should also meet the required properties. One way of examining materials is to etch a polished ground surface under a reflected light microscope with subsequent assessment. The structures of the structure become visible, from which a person skilled in the art can draw conclusions about the material used or its condition.
Author: Uwe Koerbitz
Present your company on this page - information is available here.
A note to visitors to my site who are interested in a product. The construction atlas is a kind of variant catalog. It is not a shop that sells products. If someone absolutely cannot find a product, there is the possibility to write me an email. If I know a company that sells what I need, I will pass on the address.
- How often do Americans travel abroad
- Why does China treat dogs so badly?
- Why can't my cell phone download anything?
- Why is Shiva especially venerated on Monday
- Why should you choose to be a digital marketer
- What should I buy before I get homeless
- Where can I buy Brazilian bikini bottoms
- How hard is the class at Stanford
- What are the types of games of chance
- How can strangers become close friends
- Can Americans travel to Vietnam
- Taking ostradiol causes weight gain
- Is xenophobia really bad
- Why do so many people hate communism
- Can Joe Biden compete against Trump
- Who can wear a Mangalsutra bracelet
- What does the term CPM refer to
- Are CJD and Alzheimer's disease the same
- How many years ago is 500 BC?
- Which vegan foods harm animals indirectly
- Which Indian film has the best climax
- The California prohibition on assault weapons is unconstitutional
- What are SSB interview questions and answers
- Dark matter is only left over time