What is divine knowledge
The zodiac has twelve constellations. They are all named after living beings - with the exception of Libra. And in contrast to many other pictures, this not very conspicuous constellation, which we now find in the nocturnal south-east sky, cannot be assigned an ancient legend. Nevertheless, it has a long and eventful history. Already 4000 years ago the Sumerians called the stars in this region "Zib-Ba Anna", "Heavenly Scales".
Two millennia later, the Romans remembered this idea. For them, the scales were considered something special: the moon should have been in this constellation when Rome was founded, and the sun was also there at the time of the beginning of autumn. The writer Manilius therefore saw the picture as "a sign in which the seasons are in balance and the hours of night and day are in balance".
Despite this pragmatic view, one or the other star map appeared in the first centuries after Christ with winged beings holding small scales in their hands. Such representations may go back to Dike, the Greek goddess of justice. Possibly the belief in the afterlife of the ancient Egyptians played a role, in whose books of the dead a Libra man appears.
In this sense, the jackal-headed god Anubis acted as a judge. He supervised the rite of embalming and carried out the balancing of the soul: on one scale he placed the heart of the deceased, on the other an ostrich feather, the symbol of Maat, the goddess of truth and justice. The heart was considered the seat of the soul. If it was heavier than the pen because man had sinned all his life, it was devoured by Ammit. The soul eater was a rather hideous hybrid of crocodile, lion and hippopotamus. The brightest star of Libra is called "Zuben-el-dschenubi" and "Zuben-el-Shemali", which means southern and northern scissors in Arabic and indicates that the Greeks considered Libra to be part of the Scorpio constellation.
Mercury, the nimble messenger of the gods, is rare, at most on the first two evenings of May experienced planet hunters were able to track him down just above the northwest horizon after sunset.
Venus, on the other hand, is growing better and better into the role of the shining morning star; on May 2nd the goddess of love and beauty shone in the greatest splendor. On May 21st, the crescent of the waning moon will stop by Venus. The giant planet Jupiter, which had received a visit from the satellite four days earlier, is also located in this area. Also in the morning sky, specialists find Neptune in Capricorn at the end of May. Mars and Uranus cannot be seen. Saturn in Leo is the only wandering star that holds the position in the evening sky throughout the month.
On May 4th the Eta-Aquarids reach their maximum, up to 40 shooting stars fall from the sky every hour - however, they can be seen much better in southern climes than here. The cosmic fragments come from the famous comet Halley.
Around May 20, astronomers lay in wait for the Scorpius-Sagittarius swarm. This month we see the earth's satellite twice in the first quarter: on May 1st and May 31st. the rest of the timetable: full moon on 9th, last quarter on 17th and new moon on 24th May.
- How do I become emotionally strong and intelligent
- Can submarines be detected without SONAR?
- Where is Indian politics going
- Helps Kapalbhati with obesity
- Can Fast Food Cause Acne
- How much does the Singapore visa cost
- How should I behave with escort girls
- How do I choose a domain name
- How many inches are in 3 meters
- What are the major Canadian holidays
- Should you tip your hairdresser
- How can women get into the Indian defense
- Why does homosexuality bother me?
- Is Australia in the US
- Can we raise the Titanic?
- What is viral marketing
- How can science and religion be linked?
- What do you think of ANR relationships
- Counts rap as music
- Are there white privileges in South Africa?
- Is the temperature defined in a vacuum
- What is a roll cap
- What is the extension of 1 + x 2
- How do I masturbate when I'm 13
- Why do people look down on me
- How high is your IQ
- Why don't I feel good after running?
- Why is the middle class important
- What is a pulsar in astronomy
- What is the best MacBook right now
- Where are the graves of the Roman emperors
- Why is income inequality seen as a problem
- How can a plumber move to Canada
- What's the point of the fat shame