How can I avoid type 1 diabetes
Prognosis & prevention for type 1 diabetes
Type 1 diabetes is still incurable today. The patients therefore have to inject insulin for their entire life. Thanks to modern forms of treatment, however, diabetics can now lead an almost normal life.
Since type 1 diabetes breaks out at a young age, the risk of diabetes-related complications, such as B. a diabetic retinal, kidney or nerve disease, particularly high. However, if the blood values are well adjusted early by treatment with insulin, most complications can be alleviated or prevented. Studies have shown that the risk of complications in type 1 diabetes can be reduced by 30-56% if the blood sugar level is well controlled.
Prevention & protection
With the help of simple blood tests, antibodies against the tissue of the pancreas or insulin can be detected. Such a test is particularly recommended for children and siblings of type 1 diabetics who have an increased risk of diabetes. People who have found these antibodies are at increased risk of type 1 diabetes.
So far there are no reliable findings on how to prevent an outbreak of type 1 diabetes. Various preventive measures against the onset of type 1 diabetes are currently being discussed:
- Sufficient length of breastfeeding after childbirth
- Later giving cow's milk to children
- Later use of foods containing gluten
- Avoidance of toxins, such as B. nitrosamines
Even if you have already developed diabetes, you can mitigate or prevent the comorbidities if you adhere to various rules: The most important preventive measure is the good one, i. H. close to normal, adjustment of blood sugar. This is the safest way to prevent all secondary diseases. You should therefore check your blood sugar levels regularly and have your diabetes therapy adjusted accordingly by your internist.
Other important precautionary measures against comorbidities of type 1 diabetes are:
You should check your feet daily for blisters, bruises or cracks and avoid injuries at all costs. Therefore, do not work on toenails, calluses or corns with sharp objects. Regular washing and care of your feet is also important.
Alcohol and cigarettes damage your nerves and should therefore be avoided. Check your arms and legs closely, and watch for any furry or tingling sensations. You should also discuss this with your doctor if your eyes have difficulty adjusting to light and dark, or if they have repeated bladder infections or if you feel dizzy frequently.
Your blood pressure should be at least below 140/85 mmHg. The best thing to do is to learn how to measure your blood pressure yourself. Have your doctor regularly check your blood lipid levels: the blood lipid levels (neutral fats) should be below 150 milligrams, the cholesterol not higher than 200 milligrams per 100 milliliters of blood
Damage to the eyes
As a type 2 diabetic, you should go to an ophthalmologist at least once a year and have the retina of the eye examined. If you have visual problems, see an ophthalmologist immediately.
Since the albumin value of diabetics can be slightly increased years before the first serious kidney damage, you should have the protein values in the urine determined on a regular basis.
If you have been shown to have kidney damage, it is best to eat a low-protein diet: you should not exceed 50-60 grams of protein per day. You don't have to give up meat and dairy products entirely, but you shouldn't eat them regularly. Since kidney damage progresses twice as fast in smokers as in non-smokers, it makes sense to give up smoking completely.
- What is it like to visit Eritrea
- What do starfish eat in aquariums
- What do R programmers use Python for
- Why can't google index onion pages
- Is overdose with beta blockers painful
- Why did the Romans wear sandals?
- Is Netflix a profitable company
- How do the Vietnamese see the Chinese
- You can use Instagram for Amazon partners
- How do people get type 1 diabetes
- Is aluminum cookware bad for you 1
- Where can I register a Canon camera
- What does the Punjabi word Alhare mean
- Why do pretty women call themselves ugly
- What's on your pc
- Are dogs aware of the length of time
- How much does CPL cost
- How does WordPress org make money
- How to say lock mandarin
- What is another word forever on time
- Insulting people who eat meat, vegans
- How did the metric system evolve?
- How can I set up my news blog
- What makes you a good team player