How do I know if I'm anorexic?
How do you recognize eating disorders? / How do you recognize anorexia?
Eating disorders are often difficult to spot for outsiders. Friends and family members are most likely to notice anorexia from the externally visible weight loss. However, if those affected have lost so much weight that they are already significantly underweight, the vicious circle of the eating disorder has already solidified. People with bulimia or binge eating, on the other hand, can often hide their illness from even their closest caregivers for years.
However, there are warning signs that should make you sit up and take notice, especially if they occur frequently:
- Noticeable changes in eating rules, e.g. B. vegetarianism, veganism, emphasizes "healthy" nutrition, avoidance of sweet, fatty or carbohydrate-containing foods, diets of all kinds (possibly with simultaneous denial of dieting behavior)
- Denial of feelings of hunger or claims that you only need very small amounts of food to be full
- Concealing possible weight loss, e.g. B. through loose clothing
- Growing interest in food or intensive preoccupation with food: cooking and baking for others (but then not eating yourself), sifting through recipe books or researching recipes or the calorie and nutrient content of food on the Internet, counting calories, etc.
- Eating slowly, eating small bites, eating rituals
(e.g. always the salad first, then the vegetables and finally the meat)
- Avoiding meals together, e.g. B. with the reference to have already eaten or to eat elsewhere
- Compulsive or ritualized behaviors, not only when eating, but also in other areas of life (e.g. cleaning, keeping order, writing lists, washing hands)
- Social tendencies to withdraw, irritable or depressed mood
- Frequent disappearance in the bathroom, v. a. with or after meals, smell of vomit, excessive use of air fresheners, mouthwash, etc.
- New or significantly intensified sports training that is strictly and rigidly adhered to, sometimes until exhaustion
- Frequent complaints about dissatisfaction with one's own appearance, allegedly too heavy or too fat body parts
- Stronger performance orientation (with better school grades) or significant decline in school performance
Further questions and answers:
- Have you ever made an Android app
- What is Mitochondrial DNA Function
- How can I get the GetResponse API key
- How does the private equity business work
- Tourists are often robbed in Paris
- What are some examples of chromatography 1
- What are the benefits of multiculturalism
- What do you learn in sales training
- Why did Snape kill Dumbledore
- What do the Ukrainians think of Poland?
- Can someone sleep with their eyes open
- What is a bad biker gang
- How good is IIM Shillong for finances
- Like Asian, Asian Americans are second generation
- Indians use Quora most frequently
- What are some fascinating phenomena in life
- Future Diary Manga was too crazy
- What is an Employment Background Review
- Would you go to a fat doctor
- What are the main restrictions in DBMS
- Is it snowing in Kaiserslautern?
- Why don't electrons crash into the nucleus?
- When does space travel begin?
- What is the currency for Cambodia