Which is better Bluehost or GoDaddy
Bluehost vs Godaddy - Which Web Hosting Company is Better?
bluehost vs godaddy which web hosting company is better
Are you looking for a web hosting company? Learn all about Bluehost vs GoDaddy in this in-depth review:
Choosing the right website hosting company is an important task indeed.
From the stability and speed of a website to its availability and security, everything depends on the quality of the web hosting services. If you later discover that you picked the wrong company, switching to a different hosting company can be an ordeal.
A bad website hosting company can make you lose money. On the other hand, with a good web hosting company, you can focus on building your online reputation and reaping the rewards.
how to write user stories and acceptance criteria
Website hosting providers offer space for storing files on the Internet. After your website has been uploaded to the server, your website will be accessible to users who are connected to the Internet. You can think of the cost of the web hosting service as the cost of renting space on the World Wide Web.
You should compare the details of the hosting plans before choosing one for your website. This is important to make sure that the hosting company is offering the best services for you.
If you want online services to host your ecommerce website, web forum, or blog website, your focus should not only be on price.
The first thing to consider when choosing a website hosting company is the quality of service and features. This guide to Bluehost vs GoDaddy will help you choose the right web host provider by giving an in-depth look at the top two companies that offer web hosting services.
What you will learn:
A quick comparison: Bluehost vs GoDaddy
|Companies||headquarters||Founded in||Package details||revenue||Employees||Our ratings|
|Bluehost||Burlington, MA||2003||Web hosting - Shared, Dedicated, VPS, WordPress and WooCommerce hosting, |
Registration of domain names
|$ 50 million||750+||4,5 / 5|
|Go Daddy||Scottsdale, Arizona||1997||Web hosting - Shared, Dedicated, VPS and WordPress hosting |
Registration of domain names
|$ 2.7 billion||9000+||4,8 / 5|
Bluehost: A Detailed Review
Bluehost is an established and popular web hosting company founded by Danny Ashworth and Matt Heaton. The company originally started as a free web hosting company called Ocatch.com, which changed its name to Bluehost in 2003.
Headquartered in Burlington, MA, the company has expanded its reach to a global audience. The company has grown to more than 750 employees and together hosts over 2 million websites with sister sites FastDomain, HostMonster and iPage.
Bluehost has worked with WordPress for over 10 years and supports the core development team. This business partnership has enabled the company to offer affordable and high quality WordPress hosting services to its customers.
The company is a staunch supporter of the open source community. The internal tools, scripts and servers support open source applications. This is one reason why hosting services are in high demand all over the world.
Bluehost has positioned itself as the hosting provider of choice for small businesses. The company was able to offer high quality hosting services
Bluehost offers five different website hosting plans. Let's take a quick look at the different hosting plans and their pricing details.
Shared web hosting
The shared hosting plan is Bluehost's basic and affordable plan. The plan is great for beginners and small business owners.
Bluehost offers a four tier pricing structure for shared web hosting that starts at $ 7.99 per month and goes up to $ 25.99 per month for the Pro version.
- The basic plan allows hosting one website, one domain and 25 subdomains. The basic plan also offers 50 GB of SSD storage, up to 5 email accounts and 500 emails per hour. You are allowed to store a maximum of 200,000 files and 20 MYSQL databases with a maximum database size of 3 GB.
- The mid-tier package supports hosting of unlimited websites, email accounts, SSD storage and subdomains. The plans also include spam protection, domain data protection and site backup functions.
- Bluehost's premium package includes a dedicated IP address, premium SSL certificate, 300,000 files and a maximum database size of 5 GB.
The company offers a number of add-ons to its customers. Customers can pay an additional fee for additional domain names, dedicated IP addresses, premium SSL certifications, SPAM protection, Office 365, data protection, SiteLock, SEO and site backup.
|Additional domain names||15,99 $|
|Dedicated IP||$ 71.88|
|Premium SSL certificates||49,99 $|
|SpamExperts mail filtering||35,88 $|
|Office 365||59,88 $|
|Domain data protection||14,88 $|
|Site lock||23,88 $|
|SEO tools||$ 71.40|
Special web hosting
A dedicated hosting plan is the most expensive plan Bluehost offers. The plan is suitable for large companies that want optimal control and efficiency of online resources. When you choose a dedicated storage plan, you are basically renting the entire physical server. This is in contrast to a shared hosting plan, where server resources are shared by multiple companies.
HTML interview questions and answers for the experienced
The dedicated platform is based on a scalable online operating system called OpenStack. The configurations are set automatically when you sign up for a plan. You can use the built-in server administration tool and domain manager to manage server resources.
Bluehost offers four tier plans for a dedicated platform that start at $ 109.99 per month and go up to $ 249.99 per month.
- The standard package includes dedicated server support with a 2.3 GHz dual-core four-thread CPU with 3 MB cache, 4 GB RAM, 1 TB RAID level 1 storage and 5 TB network bandwidth. The plan also offers 3 dedicated IPs to its customers.
- The premium version offers a more powerful server with a 3.3 GHz quad-core eight-thread CPU with 8 MB cache, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB storage and 15 GB bandwidth. This package also offers customers 5 dedicated IPs.
- Customers can also choose to purchase additional SAN storage based on the pricing below.
- 500 GB at $ 50 per month
- 1 TB at $ 100 per month
- 2 TB at $ 200 per month
- 4 TB at $ 400 per month
Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting is the middle option between shared and dedicated website hosting. This hosting plan shares a physical server that is similar to a shared hosting plan. However, you get a dedicated virtual operating system that allows the server to act as an independent system.
The VPS hosting plan is based on powerful online technology with CentOS root access. The KVM fictionalization tool helps manage the online server resources.
The VPS hosting plan is offered in four tiers, similar to the other hosting plans. Plans start at $ 29.99 per month and go up to $ 119.99 per month.
- The basic package includes dedicated server support with a 2.2 GHz dual core CPU with 2 GB RAM, 30 GB SAN storage and 1 TB network bandwidth. The plan also offers customers a dedicated IP.
- The premium version offers a more powerful server with a 2.2 GHz quad-core CPU with 8 GB RAM, 120 GB SAN storage and 3 TB network bandwidth. The plan also offers two dedicated IPs. to customers.
As you can see from the name, this hosting plan is optimized for WordPress websites. The plan is based on a VPS hosting solution with add-ons ideal for websites and blogs based on the WordPress platform.
The WordPress hosting plan is a little more expensive compared to the VPS hosting plan this plan is based on. The price starts at $ 39.99 per month and increases to $ 129.99 per month.
- The basic package includes server support with a dual-core CPU with 2 GB RAM, 30 GB memory and unmeasured network bandwidth. The plan also offers customers a dedicated IP.
- The premium version offers a more powerful server, a quad-core CPU with 8 GB RAM, 240 GB memory and unmeasured network bandwidth. The plan also offers a dedicated IP that is similar to the standard plan.
The hosting plan is optimized for holding WooCommerce websites. WooCommerce is an e-commerce plug-in for WordPress websites that extends the functionality of the software. This plan supports installing WooCommerce and WordPress sites with built-in social media reviews.
The WooCommerce package starts at $ 13.99 per month and goes up to $ 31.99 per month.
- The starter package supports 100 GB of web space, unmeasured bandwidth, a parked domain, 5 subdomains and 5 email accounts with a limit of 500 MB for each account.
- The premium package consists of unlimited website storage space, parked domains, subdomains and email accounts as well as email storage space. The premium version also offers a backup function, domain data protection, spam protection and guaranteed high performance.
Benefits of Choosing Bluehost
Bluehost has the advantage of being an established brand name. The company is owned by one of the largest hosting companies in the world - the Endurance International Group.
A big, reputable brand has many advantages. Large companies have the resources to implement hosting service improvements that smaller companies cannot.
As a large brand, Bluehost has the financial resources to make the necessary upgrades to provide the best service to customers. The company hires the best customer service team, engineers, and other executives to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
Another benefit of choosing a big brand like Bluehost is the reassurance that the company won't close anytime soon.
As mentioned earlier, migrating to a new hosting provider can be painful. The fact that the company will be here for a long time is more convenient when compared to choosing a small, unknown web hosting company.
Most of the users have also praised the hosting services' advanced SSL security feature. The hosting service supports a large number of databases including PHP, MySQL, CGI-BIN, PostgreSQL, Ruby on Rails, etc.
In addition, the hosting server supports free scripts for networks, mailing lists, blog support, news forums, Drupal, Joomla and Tikiwiki.
In addition, Bluehost advanced plans offer unlimited storage, email addresses, bandwidth, and domain hosting capabilities. This makes it perfect for large businesses that need lots of online resources.
- Established brand name with high reliability and continuity of service.
- Advanced SSL security.
- Support for PHP, MySQL, CGI-BIN, PostgreSQL, Ruby on Rails and more.
- Support for a large number of free scripts for networking, mailing lists, blog support, news forums, Drupal, Joomla, and Tikiwikki.
- Average speed: 400ms | Average Uptime: 99.99% based on hosting facts
GoDaddy: A detailed review
Official Website:Go Daddy
GoDaddy was founded in 1997 by Bob Parsons. The company has grown significantly over the years and is now the largest company that registers domain names. More than 8.8 million customers use the company's hosting plans to make their websites visible online. The company claims to manage more than 78 million domains.
Shared web hosting
Godaddy's shared hosting plan is more cost effective compared to Bluehost's shared hosting plan.
The basic plan starts at just $ 1 per month, while the premium plan goes up to $ 12.99 per month.
- The basic plan allows hosting a website and a domain. The basic plan also offers 100 GB of storage and unmeasured bandwidth.
- The mid-tier package supports hosting of unlimited websites, unlimited storage, and unlimited bandwidth.
- GoDaddy's Ultimate package has the added SSL security feature and offers twice the storage and performance compared to the basic and mid-tiered plans.
Special web hosting
The dedicated plan offers great flexibility and control over network resources.
The price for the dedicated IP plan starts at $ 89.99 per month and increases to $ 179.99 per month. This plan is also more cost effective when compared to the Bluehost pricing plan.
Not only are GoDaddy dedicated hosting plans cheaper, but they also offer more powerful server specs when compared to the Bluehost pricing plans.
- The basic package includes dedicated server support with a 3.1 GHz quad-core CPU with 8 GB RAM, 1 TB RAID level 1 storage and unmeasured network bandwidth. The plan also offers customers 3 dedicated IPs.
- The premium package includes dedicated server support with a 3.1 GHz quad-core CPU with 32 GB RAM, 2 TB RAID level 1 storage and unmeasured network bandwidth. The plan also offers customers 3 dedicated IPs, similar to the standard plan. While the expanded version has a slightly less powerful CPU compared to the expanded Bluehost package, the RAM and network bandwidth of the GoDaddy offering is superior.
GoDaddy's VPS hosting plan is also cheaper when compared to the Bluehost VPS hosting plan.
GoDaddy's VPS hosting plan comes in four tiers, similar to other hosting plans. The price starts at $ 19.99 per month and increases to $ 74.66 per month
- The basic package includes dedicated server support with 1 GB RAM, 40 GB storage and unmeasured bandwidth. The plan also consists of 3 dedicated IPs.
- The premium version offers dedicated server support with 8 GB RAM, 240 GB storage and unmeasured bandwidth. The plan also consists of 3 dedicated IPs that are similar to the standard plan.
All plans consist of a 1 year SSL certificate for the security of the website.
The WordPress hosting plan is ideal for the WordPress website. The plan consists of a drag-and-drop page editor and standard websites. The plan supports automatic WordPress security and software updates. Choosing this plan will cut WordPress website load times by up to 50 percent.
- The WordPress hosting plan starts at $ 1 per month and goes up to $ 34.99 per month. The basic package includes dedicated server support for 1 website, 10 GB of storage, free daily backup, malware scans, registration forms and a free domain.
- The premium version offers a more powerful package with 50 websites, 200 GB of storage, free daily backup, malware scans, registration forms and a free domain. The package also supports a free SSL certificate for each site, site maintenance tools, performance and availability monitoring tools, and automated client support.
Benefits of Choosing GoDaddy
GoDaddy is the largest website domain registration company. The company also has website hosting plans at more competitive prices compared to Bluehost.
Much like Bluehost, GoDaddy is an established brand that has been in business for more than two decades. This ensures the continuity of services and thus avoids the pain of moving the website to a new hosting company.
The company also supports Windows and Linux based servers. Many customers have also praised the company's responsive customer service.
The uptime and speed are by no means stellar when compared to Bluehost, at least, but most of them would find the performance to be adequate. If you look at the price of the packages, GoDaddy's hosting plans are sure to be great value for money.
- Windows and Linux based servers.
- An established brand ensures continuity of services.
- Average speed: 517ms | Average uptime: 99.97% according to Hostingfacts.com
Bluehost and GoDaddy are established and well-known website hosting companies. Both companies offer similar services, including shared, dedicated, VPS, and WordPress hosting services. However, Bluehost offers additional hosting support for WooCommerce websites that GoDaddy doesn't offer.
In addition to the hosting service, Bluehost and GoDaddy also offer domain name registration services.The latter also offers SEO submission, website design and email marketing packages by making it a one-window solution provider for the website owners.
What do I need to run a JAR file
When it comes to pricing, GoDaddy is a clear winner. Not only are the company's plans comparatively cheaper, but they also offer similar, and in some cases, more powerful specifications. When it comes to value for money, GoDaddy has a superior offer.
We hope this article has enriched your knowledge of Bluehost vs GoDaddy!
- What are the Most Influential K12 Websites
- What is the true color of indigo
- How bad is it to eat shit for dogs
- Who are the best writers in Quora
- Why can I bend my knees backwards
- Can you see easy journeys
- What is the afterlife like for the dead
- Is MailChimp better than constant contact
- What's worse is saturated fat or cholesterol
- Which Harry Potter deaths were the saddest
- Which foods are bad for high cholesterol?
- Why should you choose to be a digital marketer
- Scratches wooden floors when vacuuming
- What Are Some Good 2000 Calorie Diets
- Are there white privileges in South Africa?
- How extensive are US weapons background checks
- How can you be a good missionary
- Repeated shedding damages our teeth
- What are the existing gun laws in America
- Why does solar energy cost so much
- Is Toyota better than Honda
- To what extent does space stop expanding?
- Like women to be naked
- Is DOTA 2 the best MOBA