Why are figs not considered vegan
What vegans are really allowed to do - and what not
Are vegans actually allowed to eat avocado, almonds or palm oil? Are they allowed to eat foods that contain (or could contain) "traces of animal products"?
Many vegans are familiar with the question of whether, as vegans, they actually eat certain foods should.
- Avocados often come from environmentally harmful cultivation. Are vegans even allowed to eat that? (Here's the answer.)
- In figs there are sometimes small insects that die when they are pollinated. Are vegans even allowed to eat figs?
- Bananas are sometimes treated with the substance chitosan, which can be obtained from shrimp shells - is that allowed for vegans?
Are you allowed to?
THEY ARE REALLY ALLOWED !!!
Are vegans allowed to do that, or are they inconsistent?
You notice that we are taking the subject a little on the shovel. The reason is namely:
For most people it is completely irrelevant what vegans do - and why. Because if you were interested, you could ask Why many people are vegan at all.
However, the question of who is allowed always revolves around border areas that are practically impossible to answer for normal mortals. ("You see, now you are no longer a vegan!")
And see that very looks for one of the most common human mechanisms to avoid dealing with a topic that is perceived as unpleasant: repression.
Because despite all the mistakes you have to keep one thing in mind:
How inconsistent veganism is changing the world
Vegans simply cause up to 85% fewer nutrition-related greenhouse emissions compared to the average meat eater and vegetarian in Germany.
A (more) plant-based diet is that most important Step that everyone can take to protect the climate.
A vegan will eat more than 1,000 animals in his lifetime Not (and therefore does not pay for all the mistreatment, about which the public usually only learns in the form of undercover reports).
Incidentally, these effects also occur if you are not 100% vegan.
Nice little diversion.
The question of whether vegans are actually allowed to eat avocados / bananas / figs is a disguised attempt to devalue vegans and their way of life as inconsistent.
It does not enhance one's own (sometimes less consistent) way of life, but it is supposed to portray vegans as untrustworthy.
And whoever is untrustworthy does not have to be taken seriously.
Vegan nutrition then seems unrealistic, dogmatic, radical or just too perfectionist. In short: all that one of the inner weaker self whispered so that you don't have to change anything.
The provocative question of whether vegans are actually allowed to do this or that is nothing more than whataboutism.
The world doesn't need perfectionists, but people who face the challenges of the future and live vegan as well as possible without excessive effort.
What you can do as a vegan
You cannot take away the prejudices of your fellow human beings, but you can gallantly avoid the typical faux pas.
- Admit that you are human (and not superman). Perfectionism is one of the most common reasons why people stop being vegan after a while. Better to be 95% vegan and having fun than failing the attempt.
- You don't have to explain the world to your counterpart. Explain your thoughts and feelings from your own personal perspective.
- Do not get involved in discussions about exceptions and marginal areas. These are almost always whataboutisms that distract from the current state of affairs.
- Don't even try to convince people. The facts are strong enough - let the people ready who are ready for it follow.
>>> Vegan newsletter. More than 5,100 have it!
Author: Kilian Thirty
- Will Quora kill bloggers and blogging websites
- What is LiteBlue USPS
- Why do patients flirt with their nurse
- How do you design an ad server
- Hong Kongers are good at English
- Is it expensive to travel to Singapore?
- Is robotic process automation suitable for startups
- Can buy a smaller property in India
- The lifelong XSplit license is worth it
- What is the value of a penny from 1939
- What is the definition of life 6
- Can you remove asbestos from your lungs?
- Is eating chicken unhealthy for every meal?
- Which country has no farms?
- An embassy recruits skilled foreign workers
- Why is UNIQLO always sold out
- Trump has just been charged
- Thanksgiving is a pagan holiday
- My mother has a Quora account
- Is considered cool to work at Lazada Singapore
- What is big data processing
- Why is League of Legends so addicting
- How is milk powder for muscle building
- What does Revelation 21 mean?
- What are your interests
- Do you wear shorts?
- Poison pumpkin seeds Dangeorus
- Can you only build Facebook with WordPress
- Why don't a lot of adults play video games
- What is not possible in Blogger
- Why are cloudy nights warmer
- Will decals damage the wall
- What is blog commenting in SEO