Is Rahm Emanuel Orthodox
Rahm Israel Emanuel (Born November 29, 1959 in Chicago, Illinois) is an American Democratic Party politician who has served as mayor of Chicago since May 16, 2011. He was previously Chief of Staff of the White House under US President Barack Obama from January 2009 to October 2010. As a member of the House of Representatives, he represented the 5th Congressional District of Illinois from 2003 to 2009.
Rahm Emanuel (the Hebrew first name means "high" or "sublime") is the son of Benjamin M. Emanuel, a pediatrician and temporary member of the Zionist underground organization Irgun, and of Martha Smulevitz, who initially worked as an X-ray assistant and later a rock ' n 'Roll Club owned in Chicago. Emanuel's older brother Ezekiel is a cancer researcher and bioethicist. His other brother, Ari, is in the film industry. Emanuel also has an adoptive sister, Shoshana, who is 14 years his junior.
During the time his family was living in Chicago, Emanuel attended the Bernard Zell Anshe Emet Day School, a Jewish day school. When his family moved to Wilmette, Illinois, Emanuel attended public schools: the Romona School, the Wilmette Junior High School as well as the New Trier West High School. He graduated from Sarah Lawrence College in 1981 and then went to Northwestern University, where he graduated in 1985 with a Masters in Linguistics and Communication Science. Before that he completed his training as a ballet dancer. Emanuel and his wife, Amy Rule, who converted to Judaism before the wedding, are active members of the modern Orthodox community Anshe Sholom B’nai Israel. Emanuel said about his Judaism: "I am proud of my heritage and treasure the values it has taught me. (I am proud of my heritage and uphold the values that I have been taught) " The couple have three children (Zacharias, Ilana, and Leah) and live near Chicago's North Center.
Emanuel also trains triathlon.
Even as a student, Emanuel was politically committed to the democratic congress candidate David Robinson. During the Second Gulf War, he served as a civilian Sar-El volunteer on a base for the Israel Defense Forces in northern Israel. From 1993 to 1999, Emanuel was an advisor to President Bill Clinton in the White House. His way of resolving conflicts very aggressively earned him the nickname "Rahmbo". After working as an investment banker in the meantime he ran successfully for the House of Representatives for the first time in 2002. There he was a member of the influential Committee on Ways and Means and was from 2007 as Democratic Caucus Chairman the fourth highest democrat in the ranking. Previously, he was head of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee for the 2006 elections, in which the Democrats managed to win back a majority in the House of Representatives from the Republicans after twelve years.
With the election of Barack Obama as 44th President of the United States of America, Emanuel moved to the position of Chief of Staff of the White House. After being called to the White House by his father by saying "Of course he will influence the president pro Israel. Why shouldn't he? Is he an Arab? He won't clean the floor in the White House." Commented, Rahm Emanuel apologized to Americans of Arab origin on behalf of his family.
On October 1, 2010, he announced his resignation as chief of staff to run for Chicago mayor's office. His acting successor Pete Rouse held the same position during Obama's tenure in the Senate. On February 22, 2011, he won the election in the first ballot with 55% of the vote ahead of Gery Chico (24%) and thus became the first Jewish mayor of Chicago as the successor to Richard M. Daley, who was no longer running.
- ↑ Susan Baer: "Brothers: Rahm Emanuel and His Family" In: The Washingtonian May 2008.
- ↑ The world: USA: Obama's chief of staff values Rambo-style politics November 6, 2008
- ↑ Bettina Gaus: "The chief mastermind behind Obama" portrait in the taz dated November 6, 2008
- ↑ MICHAEL LUO: "In Banking, Emanuel Made Money and Connections" In: NYT December 3, 2008.
- ↑ http: //www.whitehouse.gov/administration/staff/rahm_emanuel/
- ↑ Jerusalem Post: Emanuel to be Obama's chief of staff. November 6, 2008
- ↑ Rahm Emanuel apologizes for father's remarks - Reuters report of November 14, 2008
- ^ Message on the homepage of Deutsche Welle
- You can flatten cookies before you bake them
- How is marketing with social impact defined
- How do I avoid eating
- States have banned guns
- What is the best school in london
- How does rat poison kill people
- How can I support our company
- What new products do customers need
- What are the causes of being underweight
- Where are gold Mangalsutra sales high
- Time dilation can be made practical
- What drove technological innovation in ancient China
- Where can I buy Brazilian bikini bottoms
- How to create a programming language
- Why does Azerbaijan hate Iran
- Is dropshipping profitable in Germany
- How safe is Toyota Fortuner
- Can train type II diabetics
- Gun violence is often associated with emotions
- What is more beautiful than art
- What's on your pc
- How do you convert feet to centimeters?
- Dark matter is only left over time
- Which foods are part of a healthy diet?
- Most people are happy with their life
- How is Opower different from Bidgely
- Which language is older Hebrew or Arabic
- How rich are the Philippines
- How is our relationship with God
- Is food expensive in Vietnam
- Are you still using Facebook?
- Is homosexuality a psychological disorder
- Will Mars survive humanity?
- What is a life without dreams