How careful are you when spending money
Your money4 simple strategies to save money
# 1 Motivate to save
Hardly anybody is by nature a passionate saver. Our body chemistry is also to blame for this. 10 euros more in the account? This is rarely rewarded with endorphin emissions - quite different from hectic online shopping late at night in bed. It is therefore crucial that you always keep the goal of saving money firmly in view. These can be specific expenses, for example a nice vacation, the house as old-age security or the tuition fees for the offspring. But saving against consumerism, which only leads to full cupboards and a guilty conscience, can be a driving force.
Here it is crucial that the reason for saving is made clear not only rationally, but above all emotionally. How will it feel when the goal is achieved or the debt is finally paid off? The short-lived shopping euphoria probably immediately gets a bitter aftertaste. Even the effort that requires serious savings suddenly no longer seems so daunting.
# 2 expose secret money guzzlers
If you want to spend less, you first have to know what the money is actually being spent on each month. Most people probably have a fairly accurate idea of what they are paying for rent or cell phone plans. But what about other fixed items such as insurance, memberships, subscriptions or fluctuating expenses for online shopping and food delivery?
If you want or need to know exactly, you should write down all expenses for a month in order to have a precise overview of potential savings. But even a rough overview can provide aha moments. The weekday coffee to take away may be a must, the overpriced sandwiches during the lunch break may not be. The same may apply to the foreign health insurance that has been paid out for years, although the Baltic Sea is always in the summer.
# 3 create a financial plan
The post of finance minister may not be particularly sexy - but in the end, even the home minister stands at the door as a petitioner. Anyone who wants to control their private money flows needs a budget. The budget compares income with expenditure. This ensures that you only spend what you really want to afford. The same applies here: not every tube of toothpaste necessarily has to be registered. It is enough if the budget book defines fixed amounts for food, drugstore items and leisure time, for example.
# 4 Automate savings
When there is money, people like to spend it. Every act of saving, on the other hand, requires energy. This is unnecessarily overwhelming. The obvious solution is the savings standing order. It creates an artificial shortage of money on the main account. Transfer a contribution to a separate account every month. Important: Be realistic and start small to avoid payment difficulties and frustration with savings. Those who started cautiously with 50 euros and were able to increase the monthly fee to 300 euros after a year, on the other hand, are rightly proud. In this way, the act of saving becomes a motivation in itself.
- What background can data science students learn?
- What is my purpose in life
- Will secularism fall in Turkey as it does in Iran?
- Why did Quora suspend my account
- Why are there homosexuals
- What can the USA learn from Malaysia
- If 0 999999744 equals 1
- Is korean food healthy
- Will humans ever live on Mars?
- Can a person prosecute a criminal case
- Why is FOX News so successful
- What is a nature reserve
- Can you describe a scaly person
- Do you think Aronian will dethrone Carlsen?
- Are pc cleaning apps a scam?
- Is there a passport for Singapore
- How are people tied to time
- How subjective is attractiveness
- Can you learn Korean quickly through videos?
- Identical twins share the same spirit
- Can you sharpen a knife with stones?
- Can you make yourself anorexic?
- Where can you live like in the Middle Ages
- Why is unrestricted submarine warfare important
- Is artificial intelligence for everyone
- How can you inspire your children
- Does youth really end at the age of 40
- Dogs know that death exists
- Are there places of entertainment in Quanzhou
- Which is an authentic Bible
- Why is intubation necessary for general anesthesia
- Most startup employees work on weekends
- Shopify is a viable ecommerce platform
- Is the NRA really against gun control?