What do famous people like about Quora
Quora is an information service that works on the principle of question and answer. A user asks a question and an expert answers it. The website offers questioners a forum by building up a pool of experts who can provide technical answers to users' questions in various areas.
General information 
Quora was founded by Charlie Cheever and Adam D'Angelo in June 2009 in Mountain View. D'Angelo and Cheever were employees of the social network Facebook, D'Angelo as CTO (Chief Technical Officer) and Cheever as manager. After a six-month beta phase in which the project was only accessible to a certain group of people, Quora was also launched for the general public in July 2011. At the moment, those asking can log in via Facebook, Google Plus or Twitter. Quora relied on expertise right from the start: Well-known personalities from various industries were recruited as answerers in order to competently answer the sometimes specific questions of the users.
The information service is therefore not an encyclopedia of knowledge, but rather a pool of experts and questioners who try to find the best answer to a specific question. Participants include Google Product Manager Nate Smith, Facebook co-founder Dustin Moskovitz and, more recently, American President Barack Obama, who answers questions about his health program. Due to the high quality of the answers, Quora is regarded as an expert platform and a relatively elite collection of knowledge, and at the same time as a crowd-sourcing project due to the participation of many users.
With Quora, questions from users can be followed up in a targeted manner. Users can subscribe to certain information and discussions via a feed and thus stay up to date in a limited topic area.
Quora states that over 400,000 different topics can be subscribed to. Anyone who has set up a profile on Quora can follow socially relevant discussions, but also ask their own questions to which they cannot find answers on other platforms such as Wikipedia.
If a question is asked, it can in principle be answered by any Quora member. With a little luck, the answer will come from an expert who has direct experience in his subject area. In addition, it is possible within the network to subscribe to blogs and to create blogs yourself in order to expand and share your knowledge. A special feature of Quora is the integration of social functions that round off the knowledge service. In addition to subscribing to feeds, users can follow each other to network together.
Practical relevance 
However, certain rules and restrictions apply to creating questions in Quora. Every questioner must first read a tutorial before they can ask a question. There it is explained how he technically poses a question and what conditions are attached to it. For example, a question must be a whole, correct sentence that is easy and easy to understand for other users and potential respondents. As a rule, the questions are asked in English, German is possible, but due to a small group of German users, answers can take some time.
Importance for online marketing
Quora is one of the fastest growing websites in the world. The two founders, former Facebook employees, certainly benefit from their ex-employer. However, the increasing traffic also affects the quality of the answers and, last but not least, the technical accessibility of the website.
Experts suspect that as the number of users increases, so will the high-quality answers to questions. Ultimately, it is also unclear how such a popular website with a high level of traffic pays for itself - i.e. converts the high number of users into sales. Because Quora is considered to be tidy and minimalist in terms of design. The users like that, but you can't advertise here. For influencers (people with great influence), Quora is nonetheless a platform that can serve various purposes. It can bring a topic forward, increase the reputation of a website or be used for image maintenance.
A user who is active on Quora and answers questions competently can definitely be regarded as an expert in his industry. This should have a positive effect on online marketing and under certain circumstances KPIs and / or branding effects can be increased in this way - provided the answers are of high quality.
- ^ Obama Joins Quora, Answers Your Healthcare Questions. mashable.com. Retrieved May 13, 2014.
- ↑ Quora's mission is to share and grow the world's knowledge .. quora.com. Retrieved May 13, 2014.
- ↑ The future of knowledge collection. zeit.de. Retrieved May 13, 2014.
- ↑ What is Quora ?. businessnewsdaily.com. Retrieved May 13, 2014.
Web links 
- What does distress mean in the Bible
- Is milk cancer
- Why are Canadians proud to be Canadians?
- What is 1 milliliter equal
- How much does a crore cost in GBP
- How does living abroad change our lives?
- Why was paper money invented
- Can answer Alexa KBC questions
- What is 1,500,000 kilometers
- To whom do celestial bodies belong
- Is the US Army a good career
- How was Quora developed
- Why does the mass bend spacetime
- What two characteristics make up an isosceles triangle?
- Have you ever faced a dirt hole
- Gmail is considered a valid email
- Indians like the American accent
- Why am I happy alone?
- Has autism ever been cured
- What are some good personal finance blogs
- Blog something good
- How long has there been money
- How should a Christian respond to persecution?
- Is artificial intelligence for everyone
- Chess is already a solved game
- Can Muslims be Freemasons?
- Why is flour bad for you
- Everyone is intelligent
- What is your favorite place on earth
- What is the best example of referral marketing
- What does the lesbian flag look like
- Are the economic effects of AI oversubscribed?
- What vitamins must carnivores take
- How innovative is Instagram