What causes junk food cravings
Lose weight: that's why junk food doesn't fill you up
A cheeseburger can easily have 303 calories - and more. Nevertheless, the feeling of fullness often remains even after a whole fast food menu. Why is it that such 'high-energy' food does not satisfy hunger well?
That satisfies the hunger
How hungry you are before you eat, what nutritional composition prevails in the food and what micronutrients are contained all influence how full a meal will make you feel. This is the conclusion reached by the state-approved diet expert Themis Chryssidis in an interview with 'Coach'.
According to the expert, what is guaranteed to satisfy your hunger is protein and fat. This slows down digestion. The same also applies to foods with a lot of fiber, such as vegetables.
The expert's recommendation is therefore: If you are very hungry, it is better to eat a protein-rich, fatty meal instead of filling your stomach with lots of 'empty' carbohydrates that have hardly any nutritional value.
This avoids snacking again and again throughout the day. You can find an overview of filling foods here - including whole grain products, legumes and quark. Our tip: When consuming, you should chew as slowly as possible and drink plenty of water.
Burgers, sweets & Co .: That's why they don't fill you up
Very salty foods such as chips or sugary delicacies such as candy are high in calories and can still be nibbled in large quantities without filling you up.
Chryssadis knows why: "It is not the total number of calories that satisfies hunger, but the way our body uses the kilojoules, ie the energy."
For this reason, alcohol, for example, is hardly filling, despite its many calories. On the contrary: it actually increases the appetite.
- How do I know my IQ
- What do I need for CPA marketing
- What kind of students hate teachers
- Will natural gas recover
- Which country has no farms?
- Why is Yahoo Answers full of racists
- What are your favorite hand tool hacks
- What are some dropshipping product pricing formulas
- Why are Americans so divided
- Is China bigger than the USA?
- Which marketing needs does gamification best solve
- Which is the best compact vacuum cleaner
- What is a typical French menu
- Why do we as humans need confirmation
- What are the current health problems
- Consciousness can be the fifth dimension
- How to take a discreet photo
- Can you share your life journey
- What is an archetypal approach
- Who buys the stocks we sell
- What surprises you about yourself?
- What is the dimension of the point
- Can the middle class boycott rich people
- What salary did Hitler receive as a Fuehrer?
- What is the Klein Gordon equation
- What kind of students does Yale have
- Fingerprints change with age
- What is the root of the Bangladeshi nationality
- Which email productivity tool do you prefer
- How many pages are on all forms
- Can Pakistan get Kashmir
- What is the highest known numerical value
- How can I register with the Illuminati online
- Fortran is free