Should teachers be paid more
Education program: teachers are to be paid according to performance in the future
ÖVP and FPÖ have agreed on an educational program. "We have room for improvement," said ÖVP chairman Sebastian Kurz about the school system. Above all, compulsory education and German before school entry should help. The negotiators want to invest more in kindergartens. "These are the rough diamonds that we want to make fit for the future," said FPÖ boss Heinz-Christian Strache.
It was also possible to attack taboos, says Andreas Salcher, who acted as an external advisor to the ÖVP coalition negotiators in the education chapter. "We have agreed that there should be performance-based pay and compulsory further training for teachers," he says of the STANDARD.
The ÖVP and FPÖ's educational program at a glance:
- Pedagogue Act The new salary law for teachers is to be part of a new law for teachers. The program stipulates a "performance and output-oriented structure" of salaries for teachers. Details have not yet been negotiated. There should be "clear rules" for the appointment, evaluation and dismissal of teachers. Further training should become compulsory for educators, it says in the paper. Kurz did not want to comment on this at the press conference.
- kindergarten In a first step, leaders of kindergartens should have to complete an academic training. For kindergarten teachers, higher standards for training and further education are to apply. Exactly which one is not in the program. A second year of kindergarten should be compulsory for children who have problems with the German language or who have developmental difficulties. This government is also preparing a uniform framework plan for kindergartens. Strache and Kurz also emphasized the teaching of values in kindergarten.
- Compulsory education ÖVP and FPÖ want to define a basic knowledge and skills that students must have at the end of their school career in reading, writing and arithmetic. Social and creative skills should also be part of this educational obligation. Students must attend school until they meet minimum standards or are of legal age.
- Parental sanctions If schoolchildren do not fulfill their legal obligations - including the compulsory education - the parents' social and transfer benefits are to be reduced.
- German before school entry Those who have "insufficient" command of the language of instruction should attend their own German class.
- high school Unsurprisingly, the negotiators have set the "differentiated school system" - that is, the grammar school or the new middle school - in their program from the age of ten. For higher schools there should also be a "temporary possibility" for entry procedures.
- grades As already reported, children in all primary school classes should again be rated with numerical grades from one to five. Verbal judgments are still allowed. There should be performance documentation from kindergarten to graduation.
- Ethics class Ethics lessons are to be made compulsory for all students who do not attend religious instruction.
- Curricula Economic competence and entrepreneurial thinking should flow into the curricula. In general, the negotiators undertake to revise all curricula.
- bureaucracy As an "immediate measure", all decrees, ordinances and circulars of the Ministry of Education are to be checked for their practicability and their requirements. The school districts are to be dissolved in their current form.
Some of these points - such as additional training for kindergarten teachers - become expensive. When it comes to the education budget, you have to look at the cost drivers, says Salcher. As examples, he cites the current model of team teaching in the new middle schools, the preservation of all small and very small schools as well as the existing teacher service and salary law.
Strache assured that the areas of security, digitization and education had priority and should be invested in. Reports that savings should be made in schools are false reports. (Lisa Kogelnik, November 28, 2017)
- How can you make money with TikTok
- How would you describe life now
- What are ipconfig and ifconfig
- How do you express your pansexuality
- Chance is an important factor in Hearthstone
- Wise is wise or intelligent is wisdom
- Air rifles benefit from the barrel rifle
- Which is the most interesting financial career
- How do you deal with nightmares from PTSD
- What makes a great team leader?
- How is the population in Japan declining
- How to test a Nerf gun
- What denomination is Elevation Church
- Which companies use Matlab
- Can I become the CEO of Quora?
- What is meant by bistable obesity
- 16 18 is a big age difference
- How much do forex partners earn
- How do I prove that 10 2 2
- How do baby boomers think
- What is your identity
- What is cloud computing and its types
- Contains sterling silver nickel
- Why should the government pay for education?