Eat Pokemon other Pokemon
We here at PewPewPew (i.e. me) are known to be interested in the inner logic of fictional universes. The world presented to us in Pokémon corresponds to a utopian vision of the future of our earth after two devastating wars (Fan Theories: Origin of Pokémon and the Great Poké War) drastically changed life, but fundamental aspects of human existence have been preserved. So even if we can teleport and shrink little monsters, humans must of course continue to ingest food. But what exactly do people in Kanto, Johto and the rest of the Poké world eat?
Earlier editions of the manga featured a cat and the series featured a lobster, but these aspects have been reduced as the publications become more homogeneous. Today Ash, Red and Co. live in a world that is populated exclusively by Pokémon. But if there are no other animals on earth besides humans, what exactly is the meat that Ash, the Pokémon and the rest of the inhabitants eat? Modern Farmer has dealt with this disturbing question and comes to the terrible conclusion: Soylent Green is people!
Simply put, it is a fact that people eat Pokémon. In the original television show, Farfetch’d, a duck-like Pokémon, was hunted to near extinction because of its delicious taste, similar to the blue fin tuna today. Early in the series, there was evidence that real world animals did exist, but that has largely been attributed to the then-undeveloped universe.
Even if you discount early examples, there is the matter of the Slowpoke tail. Slowpoke is a water-based creature with very low intellect. In the second generation of games, the criminal organization Team Rocket hatched a plan to cut off “tasty, nutritious” Slowpoke tails and sell them for a huge profit. The item description said it all: “Very tasty. Sell high. "
In an interview, Takao Unno from Game Freak rejected the idea, but only on the assumption that better ways would have been found in the technologically more advanced Pokémon world. Of course, that's in stark contrast to what you see in the series. So it's official, Ash is a terrible, terrible person.
Modern Farmer:The Food Politics of Pokémon
- Should naked short selling be illegal
- Can PSA provide an indication of prostate cancer
- How strong was the Roman army
- There will be a DV 2021 lottery
- Has reached Singapore property on the ground
- How can I speak German fluently?
- Jobs as a data scientist in the USA
- Can you pretend you're a private investigator?
- How do psychologists study human behavior
- What's fifteen percent of two thousand
- Is civil engineering a good career choice
- How do you motivate a teenager
- What is ADX in Technical Analysis
- Money controls us all
- Do you still like your tattoos
- Is there racism in Vietnam
- Why do dogs have to die
- What are the symptoms of low immunity
- Who should I follow on Medium 1
- Is good advice to yourself
- What is an SI engine
- What happened to the Beatles
- What is divine knowledge
- What causes darkening after smoking weed
- Can we ever build immunity against cancer?
- When did BC and AD end
- What do you think of ANR relationships
- Which restaurant chains are closed on Sundays
- What can I use instead of WordPress
- Why is SolidWorks so difficult
- What is the best cryptocurrency exchange
- Are Arabs black or white
- What is the obesity rate in Mexico
- What are socio-economic issues