How is extra virgin olive oil made
Extra virgin olive oil
Extra virgin olive oil means something like natural olive oil, the term Extra stands for the highest quality level. Natural means that only tried and tested mechanical processes in olive oil production, howCold pressing or cold extraction come into use. This means that neither the olives nor the oil obtained are pre- or post-treated.
The designation cold pressed or cold extracted is a Guarantee that all valuable ingredients of the olive are preservedthat so important for health are because they have such positive after-effects on our body. (Please read Olive Oil and Health).
Differences in quality depend on the growing area, climate, olive variety and degree of ripeness. This is where the art of harvesting the olives at the right time comes into its own, as only experienced farmers have. For example, my 90-year-old grandfather still determines the optimal degree of ripeness of our own olives. There are no quality differences between cold pressing and cold extraction. The additional designation Extra is also a guarantee for an acidity of less than 0.8 g per 100 g of olive oil. Although values below 0.2 can also be achieved if the climate was favorable during the ripening process of the olives. (As soon as I have the latest analysis, I'll add it here).
Though all Designations are considered synonymous, there is an opinion in Germany that the Olio Extra Vergine di Oliva is something special, though A large part of the so-called Italian olive oil does not come from Italy at all, but from other countries such as Spain, which is also the largest olive oil producer in the world.
The Acid content of olive oil (content of free fatty acids)is one of the most important quality features. The lower the acidity of the olive oil the better. The acidity can only be determined in the laboratory and not in terms of taste. Recommendation: only buy less than 0.2.
Positive attributes for taste are:Fruitiness, sharpness and Bitter substances. We find the positive attributes balanced in good olive oils, they ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, vary depending on the year and harvest.
Names for extra virgin olive oil depending on the country of origin:
|Extra virgin olive oil||German|
|Aceite de Oliva Virgen Extra||Spanish|
|Extra virgin olive oil from Oliva||Italian|
|Huile d'Olive Extra Vierge||French|
- Why can't God speak for himself?
- What color is pure light
- What did TWX use before ASCII
- Should I study SAP or ACCA?
- Are heart disease and CVD the same?
- Freedom of expression is restricted
- What is the scope of an ACCA
- What do Chinese soldiers eat for breakfast?
- What does an IQ of 132 mean?
- What is an expensive chinese dish
- Why does multiple myeloma cause hypercalcaemia
- What is considered the best novel
- What are moments in probability theory
- Do you think Aronian will dethrone Carlsen?
- What are the basic skills
- What is the cube root of 3
- What does it mean to feel love
- How is probability theory used in cryptography
- How does alcohol consumption affect insulin absorption?
- What is international trade for you
- How can non-Singaporeans learn Singlish
- Why is my cat's eye bleeding
- What event woke you up
- Which Expedia Affiliate Program is Best