How does diabetes affect the feet in particular?
Diabetic foot: treatment
Buggy A, Moore Z. The impact of the multidisciplinary team in the management of individuals with diabetic foot ulcers: a systematic review. J Wound Care 2017; 26 (6): 324-339.
German Medical Association (BÄK), National Association of Statutory Health Insurance Physicians (KBV), Working Group of Scientific Medical Societies (AWMF). National care guideline: Therapy of type 2 diabetes (S3 guideline). AWMF register no .: nvl-001g. 11/2014.
Dorresteijn JA, Kriegsman DM, Assendelft WJ, Valk GD. Patient education for preventing diabetic foot ulceration. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2014; (12): CD001488.
Elraiyah T, Prutsky G, Domecq JP, Tsapas A, Nabhan M, Frykberg RG et al. A systematic review and meta-analysis of off-loading methods for diabetic foot ulcers. J Vasc Surg 2016; 63 (2 Suppl): 59S-68S.
Fernando ME, Seneviratne RM, Tan YM, Lazzarini PA, Sangla KS, Cunningham M et al. Intensive versus conventional glycaemic control for treating diabetic foot ulcers. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2016; (1): CD010764.
Forsythe RO, Apelqvist J, Boyko EJ, Fitridge R, Hong JP, Katsanos K et al. Effectiveness of revascularization of the ulcerated foot in patients with diabetes and peripheral artery disease: A systematic review. Diabetes Metab Res Rev 2020; 36 Suppl 1: e3279.
Hoogeveen RC, Dorresteijn JA, Kriegsman DM, Valk GD. Complex interventions for preventing diabetic foot ulceration. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2015; (8): CD007610.
Morbach S, Lobmann R, Eckhard M, Müller E, Reike H, Risse A et al. Diabetic Foot Syndrome. Diabetologist 2020; 16 (1): 54-64.
The International Working Group on the Diabetic Foot. IWGDF Guidelines on the Prevention and Management of Diabetic Foot Disease. 2019.
IQWiG health information is intended to help understand the advantages and disadvantages of important treatment options and health care offers.
Whether one of the options we have described actually makes sense in individual cases can be clarified in a conversation with a doctor. Gesundheitsinformation.de can support the discussion with doctors and other experts, but not replace it. We do not offer individual advice.
Our information is based on the results of high quality studies. They are created by a team of authors from medicine, science and the editorial team and reviewed by experts outside IQWiG. In our methods, we describe in detail how we develop our texts and keep them up to date.
- How can we reduce the drinking of minors?
- What's your New Year's Eve story
- What's your rating of Accra Ghana
- Are cricketers more athletic than footballers
- What are signs that someone is a fool
- What is constructed against solid wood floors
- What if the Middle Ages never happened
- What do tourists think of Malaysia
- Which internet company does NASA use
- Which countries will dominate in 2030?
- What is it like to live with HIV / AIDS
- Can I learn AI with C?
- How startups attract their first customers
- Why is time so important
- What does this Japanese sentence say
- Are you really the CEO of Quora
- Smart people often underestimate their intelligence
- Who are your favorite teenage Quorans?
- What should all drivers know
- Do daughters enjoy fantasizing about their fathers?
- What are the weaknesses of men in a relationship
- What percentage is 41 kg of 287 kg
- Are Buddhist monks really happy?
- What happens when we eat raw vegetables