Why do Americans like to travel to Europe
Germany is one of the nations most willing to travel internationally
| Intercultural, studies
Although the Germans are not world champions in travel, they still occupy third place among the regions from which most of the international travelers come.
According to the new report Global Destination Cities Index: Origins from Mastercard, they overtake the British not only in the overall ranking, but also when traveling to the most popular travel destination of the two nations: Palma de Mallorca. Directly behind the Balearic Island, two mountain destinations are popular with German travelers: Bolzano in South Tyrol and the Tyrolean lowlands.
Most international travelers come from these countries and regions
- United States
- Mainland China
- Great Britain
- South Korea
China in 2nd place
China has made a significant leap forward in the number of travelers to other countries from seventh in 2009 and is now only second behind the United States. In general, the number of travelers from the Asia-Pacific region is increasing: South Korea and Taiwan, which were not among the top ten ten years ago, climbed to sixth and tenth respectively. Great Britain ranks fourth and France fifth.
Italy is a popular travel destination for many nations
The evaluation of the countries and regions popular with travelers from the top 10 regions of origin shows that Germans like to stay in Europe when they travel. Italy is way ahead for them, followed by Spain and Austria. Italy is also a popular destination with US travelers and ranks third behind Mexico and Canada. As a travel destination, Spain is number one for the British and also for the French. The USA is the top travel destination for both the Japanese and Canadians.
Germans also like to spend their holidays at home
As the graphic based on an ADAC survey shows, almost a third of Germans spend their main vacation in 2019 at home. Long-distance travel follows in second place, the top destinations here are the USA and the Far East. Why is Germany so popular as a travel destination? According to experts, trouble spots, such as in Turkey, play a role here. As a result, previously popular travel destinations would become less popular. In addition, many people spontaneously decide to take a vacation. A trip to a destination at home can be organized much faster than a vacation in other countries.
You can find more infographics at Statista
About expat news
Expat News is a German-language service and news portal that provides readers with information on all aspects of living and working abroad.
If you have any questions / suggestions or are interested in writing articles as a guest author, those interested are welcome to contact editor-in-chief Anne-Katrin Schwanitz.
- What if the minimum wage was 5?
- Can a doctor understand the handwriting of other doctors?
- Is 100 a lot for an American
- Why is social media integration important
- How do the successful celebrate their successes
- Is raw honey good for you?
- Are intelligent people secretly without a lot of emotions
- What is strange for a strange person
- What should all drivers know
- The Titanic sent an SOS
- Why can't God speak for himself?
- How does Lazada make money
- How do I make a chocolate cake
- What are some examples of hermeneutics
- How does light move 1
- How does WordPress make money 1
- What is the story of cow dumping
- Why do 13-year-olds have phones
- What's in Penang Malaysia
- How exactly is an uncopied AK47
- Why do people still use Facebook
- How can I deal with racism
- What are management interview questions
- Poor people have wills