Can you suffocate in a sleeping bag?
1. In the supine position
The safest way for your baby to lie on its back. The argument from earlier times that a baby could choke on vomit when lying on its back has long since been invalidated. Today it is clear: If it sleeps on its stomach, the windpipe is under the esophagus, which is why vomit can flow into the windpipe. In addition, the life-saving cough reflex does not work properly in babies who are lying on their stomachs and vomit is no longer thrown out of the windpipe. Infants should therefore sleep on their backs, especially in the first six months of life.
It is better to lay your little one on their stomach every now and then during the day so that they can practice lifting their head and strengthen the muscles in the neck area.
2. Smoke free
There is a clear link between smoking and sudden infant death. The (sleeping) environment of your baby should absolutely be smoke-free! There is research showing that for every hour an infant is in a room that is smoked, the subsequent risk of sudden infant death syndrome increases by 100%. Readhere more about these and other causes of sudden infant death syndrome!
3. In your own (extra) bed
The subject of the right sleeping place for an infant is hotly debated. But is there any right or wrong here? In the first months of life, it is certainly not only an advantage, but also wonderful to have your little darling in the parents' bedroom. So is z. B. the way to breastfeeding or consoling is not far and you can enjoy the closeness to each other. Many parents even argue in favor of closeness in a shared family bed, while others strongly oppose it. Can your little one sleep safely in their own room right from the start? We show you the advantages and risks of the different sleeping environments ...
Can your baby go into the parents' bed?
Together in the (family) bed - that of course means maximum closeness for parents and children. However, this kind of proximity can also involve risks! Many studies show that the risk of sudden infant death syndrome increases three times if babies sleep in the parents' bed - the mother smokes six times as much. It is likely that the baby in the parents' bed is exposed to excessive heat and is more easily exposed to a lack of oxygen. Both are significant risk factors for sudden infant death syndrome.
If you want to sleep in the same bed with your baby, be sure to pay attention to the following points:
- Preferably on a firm mattress and not in a water bed.
- Here, too, the little one should definitely lie on its back and you should sleep facing the baby as much as possible.
- Your baby should sleep at the top of the bed, by their parents' heads, to reduce the risk of getting under the covers.
Under no circumstances should you sleep in the same bed with your baby if you:
- Smoker is / has smoked in the bedroom.
- Has been drinking alcohol.
- Is ill or has taken drugs / drugs that make you sleepy.
It is safer in your own (side) bed
A good solution, especially in the first few months, is to have your own bed next to the parents' bed. An extra bed like the babybay baby cot, which can be attached directly to the parents' bed, is particularly practical. At the same level as the parents' mattress and without a partition, it almost feels like being together in a bed and mom is quickly ready to breastfeed. Baby can sleep safely and feel safe this close to mom and dad.
And the parents may also sleep more relaxed after all, without fear that something will happen to the little one between them. At the same time, mom and dad also have the opportunity to cuddle ...
With the best possible supervision, babies can sleep safely - even in their own room!
If you are still sitting comfortably with friends in the living room or if your sweetheart is already sleeping in their own room, you can optimally monitor their sleep with a baby monitor.
With the NUK “Eco Control + Video” baby monitor, for example, you can even watch the little dreamer sleep on a monitor.
4. In the sleeping bag
It is strongly recommended that children in the first year of life be kept in a sleeping bag such as B. the Pinolino sleeping bag "Sigikid Summer", can be put to sleep. A duvet is too dangerous as the child can slip underneath and suffocate. Read heremore about the advantages of a sleeping bag and how a baby is well bedded.
5. Less is more!
Even though there are so many pretty bumpers, cute stuffed animals, soft cuddly pillows and warm fur, less is more in baby's bed! Because babies don't like it so cozy and warm. There is a very slight risk of overheating or dangerous breath retention. Also, your little one shouldn't be too warm to sleep. Under no circumstances do you need warmer clothes at night than during the day or even a hat in bed. The best way to test whether your sweetheart is warm or cold is to feel the back of the neck. If it's cold there, it freezes. If, on the other hand, it feels hot and sweaty, it is too warm.
Choosing the right mattress is particularly important! It should be firm but elastic, low in pollutants and breathable.
The Julius Zöllner baby mattress "Air Premium", for example, offers triple ventilation thanks to its nub profile on the surface, a ventilation layer and vertical ventilation using cold foam.
6. At 16-18 degrees room temperature
Your little one sleeps best in a well-ventilated room, ideally with a room temperature between 16 and 18 degrees. You can check the temperature, for example, with the pretty Philips Avent bathroom and room thermometer "SCH550 / 20".
In midsummer, of course, this room temperature is usually not given. Nevertheless, you should avoid turning a fan on the cot, as your little one can quickly get a draft and catch a cold, especially if he has sweated profusely beforehand. It is better to close the roller shutters during the day and ventilate them properly in the evening when it cools down. Regular ventilation is better than a permanently tilted window.
With these 6 tips for safe baby sleep, you can relax and your baby sleep safely!
- How is marketing with social impact defined
- What role will AI play in education?
- Electromagnetic radiation can make noise by itself
- Which internet company does NASA use
- How to be well spoken 1
- 510 is short for a man
- Can a patient refuse a blood transfusion
- What is the possible disease I have
- How does a central vacuum cleaner work
- Why are relationships so complicated
- Are gynecologists really busy doctors
- How do I apply for an NRSC internship
- What do you think of the Diabetes Killer Program?
- How does an atom win an electron
- Are all male players sexist?
- Feel bad on cloudy days
- How popular is football in Canada
- Do you know anyone who met Hitler?
- How do you keep grapes fresh longer?
- What are rss feed websites
- How are sex offenders treated in prison?
- What does the company WNS
- What is the capital of Goa 2
- What is a nature reserve
- Are celebrities on Quora
- Why do we have obituaries
- How can I increase my CPC
- Which nation has Islam influenced?
- Are companies unwilling to hire foreign programmers?
- Why do people like hip hop
- What is an RPG Maker used for?
- Why is Bitcoin so popular in China
- Condemns the Bible dreads